The following is a list if links to helpful web sites. If you know of any other web sites, FTP sites or newsgroups that should be on this list, or you find that any of the links in this list are no longer functional, please e-mail information about them to email@example.com.
Georgetown Mews Shareholder Services
New York City Government
- NYC.gov Home Page. All City officials and agencies can be reached from this recently launched Web Portal.
- Community Board 8
197-15 Hillside Ave.
Hollis, NY 11427
New York City Government: Agencies
- Department of Buildings.
- Department of Environmental Protection.
- Department of Finance.
- Department of Health.
- Department of Housing Preservation and Development,
- Landmarks Preservation Commission.
- Department of Sanitation.
- Office of Labor Relations.
- Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Rent Guidelines Board.
- New York City Housing Authority.
- Mayor’s Office of Film, Theatre and Broadcasting
New York State Government
- NYS Government Information Locator Service. The NYS ILS provides a single point of access to information services provided by New York State Government agencies, the State Legislature and the Judiciary. Operated by the New York State Archives and Records Administration and the New York State Library.
- NYS Attorney General’s Office.
- New York State home page
- Governor David A. Paterson
- NYS Senate.
- NYS Assembly.
- NYS Department of State. Oversees the state’s Security Guard Act of 1994, requiring security guards to be fingerprinted and given eight hours of training. Useful agency for buildings contacting security guard companies in preparation for the possibility of a Building Employees Union strike during contract negotiations this spring.
- NYS Department of Health
- NYS Division of Criminal Justice. Oversees training portion of the state’s Security Guard Act of 1994.
- NYS Division of Housing and Community Renewal
- NYS Department of Taxation and Finance.
- School Tax Relief (STAR) Program Interactive Home Page. Calculate STAR tax savings.
- NYS Department of Labor.
- NYS Office of Real Property Services.
- New York State Energy Research & Development Authority.
- Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR).
- U.S. Consumer Gateway. A federal guide to consumer resources and information.
- White House/President George W. Bush
- Vice President Richard B. Cheney
- US House of Representatives Home Page
- US Senate Home Page
- Environmental Protection Agency.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- National Safety Council. Clearinghouse for lead-based paint information and other housing and environmental issues.
- Vote Smart Web. A wide-ranging site providing useful information about the various branches of government.
Government: Additional Resources
- NYCLink. Links to home pages for the Mayor and other elected officials. A resource for contacting government.
- NYC Complaints & Govt. Resource Guide
- NEW!! Who Represents Me?. The New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG)’s Web-based service that enables anyone with a New York City address to easily find and contact the public officials who represent them at all levels of government.
- Council of New York Cooperatives & Condominiums. The largest membership group for co-ops and condos in the New York area also has the largest and most useful web site. With more than 500 pages of information, CNYC.coop is a top resource for co-op and condo related topics.
- Federation of New York Housing Cooperatives. The long-established Federation works jointly with CNYC on many important cooperative housing issues, both on a local and national basis.
- Coordinating Council of Cooperatives. A clearinghouse where local co-ops can exchange information and experiences in governance and operations
- Urban Homesteading Assistance Board (UHAB) is the primary training provider for low-income co-ops in the city. They also have an on-line directory of contractors/professionals who have worked with small/affordalbe co-ops.
- Cooperative Housing Coalition. A gateway to public policy initiatives affecting housing cooperatives, multi-family homeownership and affordable housing.
- National Association of Housing Cooperatives. A national group based in Washington, DC, which works hand-in-hand with CNYC on many important cooperative housing issues.
- Real Estate Board of New York. News and information from REBNY.
- Realty Advisory Board on Labor Relations, Inc., (RAB). A multi-employer association serving the real estate industry in New York City (except the Bronx), Long Island and Northern New Jersey.
- New York Association of Realty Managers (NYARM). A membership organization for apartment building managers, co-op or condo managers, building owners and those responsible for the management and proper care of residential and/or commercial properties.
- National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA). Information about all types of cooperatives to “help people understand how they can use the cooperative model to improve their lives and their communities”.
- Community Associations Institute. Online information from “The Nation’s Voice for Condominiums, Cooperatives and Homeowners Associations”.
- The Apartment House Institute, an excellent and highly acclaimed school for superintendents, handymen and handywomen, and other maintenance people, can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Superintendents Club of New York. A technical society of New York multifamily building maintenance personnel.
- New York State Association of REALTORS, Inc. The New York State Association of REALTORS, Inc. (NYSAR) is an organization of businessmen and women united to have a strong collective voice in decisions affecting the real estate profession at the local, state and federal level.
- The Cooperator. News and features for co-op and condo boards and shareholders.
- Habitat Magazine. News and features for co-op and condo boards and shareholders. The website offers articles from previous issues and a co-op/condo bulletin board.
- Inman Real Estate News (IRED). A daily compendium of real estate articles and mortgage information.
Mortgages and Financing
National Cooperative Bank. National Cooperative Bank provides a broad array of financial products and services to cooperatively-organized enterprises and their members throughout the United States. Chartered by Congress in 1978, and privatized three years later, NCB has developed a solid franchise within its unique market segments, including a 20 percent share of the cooperative housing market.
Suppliers & Vendors
- Len Harris Appliance
77-30 164th Street
Flushing, NY 11366